Monday, October 18, 2010

Heidi's 1st Birthday Party

We celebrated Heidi's first birthday yesterday with a fun little party. The theme was "Look Whoo's Turning One" and I decorated in owls. We had homemade barbeque and hotdogs for lunch and my aunt, Flora, made the cakes. It was pretty low-key, but I'm glad we kept it small. Heidi gets a little skittish around crowds and people she doesn't know that well (especially men - she's scared of men!).

Heidi had a lot of fun. She enjoyed the food - she ate HALF of a barbeque sandwich (she loves to eat!) and then picked at her smash-cake. She got mad at me when I took her hand and stuck it in the icing. Hahahaha! I was a little disappointed that she was so prissy about eating the cake because Hailey did the same thing. I was hoping one of them would get down and dirty and end up with cake all over them. It was pretty easy to clean her up afterwards, though, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Heidi also got a lot of wonderful gifts. She spent all afternoon going from one thing to another because she couldn't decide what to play with.

All in all, the party was a success and we enjoyed the time with family and friends. This past year went by fast and I can't wait to see how Heidi grows and learns in the next year. With two precious girls and a wonderful group of family and friends, we are truly blessed.

Here are some pictures of the decorations and of course, the birthday girl!!

































No comments:

Post a Comment